Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Social Networks

Have you ever wondered if all of this "social networking" stuff works?....hmm...something to ponder!
I mean --- sure we all have seen the live streams of the wretched attacks on the lives of the Iranians--- the communications of the great men and women that are serving in our Armed Forces (voluntarily- I might add) with their family and friends... the news of the "King of Pop" dying and the ability to 'cyberly' attend his funeral...but does all of this stuff work for marketing purposes?
We have Facebook, Twitter, Linkdln, My Space, Flock, You Tube, Orkut, hi5, Plaxo.... THE LIST GOES ON & ON! How many friends can we really have...how much time do we have in the day to update...post...or tell what we are thinking and doing?
Do you think that it takes away from productivity? I'm sure you know the people that are logged on constantly! We can practically say "God Bless You" after they've posted that they've sneezed! Do they take their blackberry or iphone to the bathroom with them? I can't imagine having my cell or computer with me all of the time...(of course my friends get mad at me because I don't check my emails or leave my phone in the car half of the time!.. I even know the people that as soon as I log on they send an IM or immediately comment on my status...but wait I thought that they worked! When do they work? Does their boss know that they're on the computer?
...I admit there are times that I've gotten lost in FB land..just snooping around at everybody's life..and you know what....I haven't gotten a thing accomplished!... Zero productivity...just snooping! Maybe we need to spend the time creating relationships...talking - writing (with a pen) - face to face interaction - thinking - creating things that really matter...
..It's almost like we need to hire a full time networker...like the celebs do...
Oh well..it was just a thought!...Gotta go Login and POST that I blogged today! Bibi


No comments:

Post a Comment